Terms and Conditions
Acceleration for All (AFA) Award 2022 Global Contest OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN PRIZES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The following terms and conditions (“Agreement”) apply to Acceleration for All Contest 2022 (hereinafter be called the “Contest”) organized, hosted, and sponsored by ViewSonic International Corp. (“ViewSonic”) in collaboration with Hustle Fund Management, LLC (“Hustle Fund”) (collectively known as the “Organizers”). In the event of any conflict these terms and conditions shall prevail and shall form the basis of negotiation and resolution under domestic laws, be it federal, state, or local.
- “Contest Entrants (“Entrants”)” shall mean company representative (person or persons) who at the time of Contest entry is legally or by Company’s internal consensus designated to act on behalf of the Company as a point of contact and to submit any materials or information required for the Contest entry. Such person or persons, at the time of Contest entry, shall be a legal resident and shall have reached the legal age of majority in the country where s/he resides.
- “Company” shall be understood as any formal or legally registered business entity for profit, which may be a corporation, a partnership, association or individual proprietorship. In the event where the Company being entered into the Contest is not yet a registered business entity by the time of the Contest entry deadline (November 15, 2021), the Organizers reserve the right to make judgement on whether such Company Contestant is eligible for the Contest.
ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER
- At the time of entry, Entrants must be a legal resident and shall have reached the legal age of majority in the country where s/he resides.
- Employees of Organizers, Administrator, and any of their respective owners, parent companies, affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, advertising, promotion and production agencies, agents (collectively known as the “Contest Entities”) and their immediate family members (including but not limited to spouse, domestic partner, child, sibling, parent, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each (whether related or not) are eligible to enter the Company, for which they are designated representative, into the Contest.
- Entering the Contest constitutes the Entrant’s and the Company’s full and unconditional agreement to this Agreement and Organizers’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
MECHANICS OF THE CONTEST
- Duration of Contest and Official Opening: The Contest opens officially on October 6, 2021, at 11:00 PM Taipei Time (GMT+8), equivalent to 08:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8). Submission of applications closes on November 15, 2021, at 08:00 AM Pacific Standard Time.
- The Contest consists of eight stages as indicated at the Acceleration for All Awards website (https://afaawards.com/). Any further details, explanations, and/or rules related to the Contest, including but not limited to contest judging criteria, declaration of winners, and reception of award prizes, announced or published thereafter on the Acceleration for All Awards website and/or on any Contest-related media or materials, shall be construed as addendum covered under this Agreement.
- The Organizers acknowledge that 900+ applications were entered through Hustle Fund (via https://www.hustlefund.vc/) prior to the official opening of the Contest. All applications entered by the deadline stated above would be judged based on business merit, potential, and feasibility. Early submission has no bearing on winning the Contest.
- A total of five entries will be chosen as Contest winners. Winning the Contest is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in the Application Form available at the Acceleration for All Awards website (https://afaawards.com/) as well as adhering to the Agreement clauses set forth herein. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by the Organizers.
- In order to be judged, all submissions must be made in English. Any submissions made in languages other than English will not be considered as part of the contest.
- For the purposes of the Contest, unless under extraordinary circumstances, no Entrant shall change his or her contact information, including but not limited to Company information, residential address or business address, and email address, after an application has been entered bearing the personal identity or the identity of the Company s/he represents.
- Any attempted form of participation in this Contest other than as described herein is void. In the event where it is discovered or suspected, in the Organizers’ sole and absolute discretion, be it in the midst of the Contest Duration or after the conclusion of the Contest, that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register for the Contest using multiple email addresses, multiple identities, proxy servers, or like methods, all of the said Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void, and the Entrant’s eligibility for the Contest, including that of the Company she or he represents, shall be revoked for two consecutive years. Furthermore, where the Entrant in question has been declared a Contest winner, any resources received or to be bestowed upon as a result of such declaration, monetary and non-monetary, in any shape or form, shall be revoked, terminated, discontinued by the Organizers, with in kind or monetary restitution to the Organizers.
- In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning Acceleration for All Contest 2022 entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the application form associated with such Acceleration for All Contest 2022 entry. Such Authorized Account Holder shall also be a representative of the Company indicated on the aforementioned application form, either legally or by the Company’s internal consensus designated to act on behalf of the Company. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
FUNDING OPPORTUNITY AND PRIZES
- An exclusive online awards ceremony will be held on January 12, 2022 to announce the winners. The winner of each category (per winning entry as a whole, regardless of how many persons therein) can either choose to 1.receive an investment of USD 10,000 funding at USD 2 million post-money valuation on a YC SAFE, or 2. participate in an exclusive six-week series of weekly one-on-one meetings with the Hustle Fund General Partners.
*Post-money means that the company and the investor agree upfront on both the amount to be invested and the valuation cap of the round. The big advantage of a post-money SAFE is that it provides clarity on how much ownership of the company has been exchanged for the investment.
*SAFE, or Simple Agreement for Equity, is an agreement between the founders of the business and the investor (in this case, it's Hustle Fund). Under this agreement, both parties agree that the initial investment of USD 10,000 provides the investor the rights to future equity (i.e. shares of stock after going public) in the founders' company.
- The winner of each category (per winning entry as a whole, regardless of how many persons therein) will also get their hands on brand new ViewSonic products worth USD 6,000. The prizes can be selected by each winner from the following:
- Prizes may be subject to regional stock status and alternative products may be offered at ViewSonic’s discretion at any time without further notice.
|#||Products||Model name||Product Value|
|2||16" Portable Touch Monitor||TD1655||$306.99|
|3||24" Webcam Monitor||VG2440V||$245.99|
|4||24" USBC Docking Monitor (daisy chain ability)||VG2456||$286.99|
|5||34" USBC Docking Monitor (21:9 Ultrawide)||VG3456||$612.99|
|6||27" USBC Color Monitor (2560 x 1440 Resolution)||VP2756 – 2K||$386.99|
|7||27" USBC Color Monitor (3820 x 2160 Resolution)||VP2756 – 4K||$511.99|
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Unless otherwise agreed, any Intellectual Property made or created by the Organizers for the purpose of this Contest, or capable of being used or adapted for use therein, will be the absolute property of the Organizers.
- For any Intellectual Property exists within the Contest application entered into the Contest by the Entrant, the Entrant or the Company for whom s/he is the designated representative remains as sole beneficial owner. Unless an agreement exists between the Entrant and the Organizers, irrelevant of time, the Organizers hereby irrevocably waives any rights pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- The disclosure of Confidential Information by the Organizers, if any, to the Entrant does not grant any license or any other Intellectual Property Rights, owned by either the Organizers or by third parties, to the Entrant.
- Except as provided by this Agreement, the Entrant shall not without the prior written consent of the Organizers make use in any manner of the Organizers’ Trademarks, the name of, its copyrightable works, and copyrights, etc.
- The Entrant hereby covenants with the Organizers that it shall not register or attempt to register the Organizers’ copyright (where applicable) as its own, or in any other name anywhere in the world nor to register or to attempt to register as a trademark or a service mark or as a business or corporate name, any mark or name which would or might be confused with the Organizers’ trademarks.
- The Entrant warrants that all information and materials in whatever medium provided to the Organizers shall be true and accurate in all respects and not infringe the rights of any third parties. The Entrant agrees to hold the Organizers free of all liabilities and all expenses in respect of any materials or information furnished by the Entrant and the Company s/he represents to the Organizers.
- This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Taiwan and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of New Taipei District Court of Taiwan, where the primary party of the Organizers, ViewSonic Inc. is a registered business.
- By entering into this Contest, entrants and the Company s/he represents agree that the remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to claim or recover punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), or have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this Agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs
- Entrants agree that the rights and obligations of any Entrant and the Company s/he represents and/or Contest Entities and/or any other party shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Any demand for arbitration must be filed within three (3) months from the public announcement of the Contest winners by the Organizers, or the cause of action shall be forever barred.
- The foregoing notwithstanding, every Entrant’s email address will be used by the Organizers for the sole purpose of subsequent email notification for the Organizer’s respective future communications efforts and marketing campaigns. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that by participating in this Contest their email address will be collected and shared with the Organizers’ Marketing Partners.
- By participating in this Contest and/or accepting a prize, each Entrant and the Company s/he represents agree to allow the Organizers and/or Organizers’ designee the perpetual right to use his or her name, the name of the Company s/he represents and indicated in the materials submitted to the Organizers for competing in the Contest, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising, and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- By participating in this Contest, Entrant and the Company s/he represents agree that the Contest Entities, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, shareholders, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable email notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Website/use net accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing, or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or the loss, access, or acquisition without authorization, or incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information; or the failure to capture, or loss or disclosure of, any such information.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access or acquisition of the Website, any Contest-related website(s), or Entrant information.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest and/or accepting or using a prize.
- The Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered by any automated computer, program, mechanism or device, for any entries in excess of the stated limit or for entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the terms set out in this Agreement, and all such entries may, in Organizers’ sole discretion, be disqualified.
- If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, the Organizers reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or proceed with the Contest, including the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including but not limited to the selection of the winners from among eligible Acceleration for All Contest 2022 Entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more prizes nor winning spots be awarded than are stated in this Agreement. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in this Agreement, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winners. If for any reason, including but not limited to an administrative, printing, production, computer or other error or due to technical difficulties or incorrect announcements of any kind, more winning messages are distributed, or more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to this Agreement, the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified prize claims received. This Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- By entering this Contest, each Entrant and the Company s/he represents agrees:
- to be bound by the terms set out in this Agreement and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of the Organizers, which shall be binding and final;
- to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to the terms of this Agreement;
- to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Contest; and
- to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Contest, including but not limited to any Contest-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s application submitted for the Acceleration for All Contest 2022, including any information provided, participation or inability to participate in the Contest, (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, data security, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical or printing errors in this Agreement or any Contest materials, (d) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond the Organizers’ control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in this Agreement, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Contest, (g) human error, (h) incorrect, unauthorized, or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of any Acceleration for All Contest 2022 Entry (including, without limitation, the registration information or any parts thereof), (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an Entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access the Contest, the Website or any other Contest-related websites or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) equipment used to access the Contest and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Contest, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged Entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties, (o) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), or (p) the negligence or willful misconduct by Entrant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to update, modify, and/or terminate the terms and conditions set in this Agreement at any time during the Contest at the Organizers’ sole discretion without informing participants.
- Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of the terms set in this Agreement or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation affected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same.
- Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Organizers reserve the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If any provisions set forth in this Agreement or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of this Agreement valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of this Agreement will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions. The Organizers’ interpretation of this Agreement is final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. The Organizers’ or Released Party’s failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect.
- All Acceleration for All Contest 2022 entries and/or materials submitted become the property of the Organizers’ and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in this Agreement and Contest details contained in any promotional or marketing materials, in any shape or form or format, analogue or digital, the details of the Contest as set forth in this Agreement shall prevail.
The terms of the Agreement shall survive 12 months after the conclusion of the Contest. The Organizers reserves all rights to seek compensation from the Entrant and the Company s/he represents if it is discovered that any of the terms stated in this Agreement is violated by the Entrant and the Company s/he represents.